Thursday, February 25, 2010

Let the Games Begin!




Well ok, not the Olympic games but the games in my gardens! We have had days and days of rain but today it actually stopped and I had the opportunity to spend a few hours outside pruning and cleaning up after winter. Three wheelbarrows later numerous thorn pricks and one blister, I only had one part of the front gardens done. Either I am really getting slower or the task is bigger than I imagine. It did feel good to be outside and doing something in the gardens - even if it was cleaning up. I love the smell of dirt!

As I traveled down the hill of our property to empty the wheelbarrows, I was again amazed at the hundreds and hundreds of daffodils already blooming. It is a river of yellow and white cascading down the hills in the front yard and the back. I know it is much earlier this year but it is glorious and I am again thankful that the previous owners worked so hard to plant all these bulbs.

Last summer Michelle and I dug up hundreds of bulbs to make room for the stairs that were to be put in (another story). Well, we obviously missed a lot as the entire spot we thought we had gleaned is covered in a sea of yellow! Things could be worse :)

Here is to Spring and the games in my gardens - today - Weeds 0, me 1 !!!!!





1 comment:

  1. Barb, I love reading about your journey via flowers;) I think of you often and am always glad to read your blog. What's growing in OR these days?!? Our daffodils are just blooming now...such a treat!!
    Lots of love to you, Kristen

    ReplyDelete