Friday, July 17, 2009

Summer's Simple Elegance

I can't think of another flower that is more elegant than a calla lily. Alfred and Bailey's wedding flowers abounded with calla lilies, hydrangeas and roses. They were all beautiful. Simple in their singular beauty yet we can see God's delicate hand as He created each blossom.
Today it is really warm out and I have had enough weed pulling for a few days and I really wanted to try and do something different with the lilies in my yard. Calla lilies are so striking whether alone or in a bouquet. In my arrangement I place three lilies in a narrow rectangular vase filled with glass beads. If I had had a "frog" it might have made it easier to get them to stand up! This is a more contemporary design for me - but I do really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment