Monday, August 3, 2009

Old Fashioned Lace

I have been thinking of doing something with these blossoms from my yard for several days. Both the allium and the Queen Anne's Lace remind me of an old fashioned garden. They both appear very delicate - yet the allium (a part of the garlic family!) is quite durable - I can play with the blossoms in my hand and they don't fall apart. I know the Lace is more delicate but I love the airy feeling it creates. I added the two lilies for a second focal point at the base of the arrangement. I set the flowers in my dining room and it looked more formal and then in my kitchen where it took on a more whimsical tone. I think I like it in the kitchen - the red vase on the dark green counters with the cherry wood in the background helped the arrangement standout.
I am so thankful for the abundance of flowers in my yard to fiddle with and especially to our Creator who designed so many wonderful patterns, colors and shapes of flowers for us all to enjoy.


3 comments:

  1. Yours in quickly becoming my favorite blog because I can't get enough of your beautiful creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb!
    I was just looking over your lovely arrangements. I wish I was in your home to enjoy them each day! I, too, love flowers, but don't have an eye like you. What a truly lovely gift. I hope playing with God's beautiful creation brings you joy. Your pictures tell me it does!
    I think of you often and you are in our prayers, Barb. Hopefully, I paths will cross again soon.
    lots of love,
    Kristen
    ps: Can't wait for Wachob blessing #3! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too.. i love your blog full of beautiful flowers, creative and unique.

    ReplyDelete