Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Letting go

In a few days, Ryan will be heading off to Germany for his new job and new adventures - 13 months. I am trying hard to be uplifting and excited for he and Emily. There is a part of me that is excited for them -remembering all the trips Al and I made together and the wonderful history you felt you were almost stepping back into. It is hard to really believe that there can be cities as old as they are, buildings in their magnificent architectural splendor mixed with families simply living every day as we do. I know they will do well exploring and soaking in the culture yet I would be in denial if I didn't acknowledge how much I already miss them and the opportunities to interact with them daily.

There has never been a job I enjoyed more than being a wife and mother and even though we raised our children to be confident adults, letting go is never easy for me. Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments:

Post a Comment